I am a dessert addict. Yep, I’m a sugar junkie. So, I bake. It brings me happiness.
I’m a self-taught baker. Growing up, I didn’t really take an interest in what was going on in the kitchen. The “baking bug” didn’t hit me until after I got married and had kids. Then, I became obsessed – challenging myself in the kitchen, watching the Food Network, taking cake decorating lessons and reading cookbooks like novels. I started following several food blogs and Pinterest opened up a whole world of dessert inspiration.
I am so proud when someone comes up to me and tells me that they like what I am doing on Bakeitorium. I love hearing that my lemon tart is awesome, the chocolate chip cookies are a “10”, and that my picture of Swiss meringue looked so good could have taken a lick right off the computer screen. If I turn around and half the pie is gone, that is success!
More Sweet Stuff About Me:
- I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Cody (who really is the better half); our two (precious, beautiful) boys Jack and Charlie (that break everything in my house); and a crazy smart, spoiled Goldendoodle named Bella.
- I am a serious, career woman by day.
- I have a cookbook obsession. It’s gotten a little out of control and I ran out of shelf space a long time ago. I have more than one copy of some because I can’t keep track. This might be considered an issue.
- I don’t have a favorite dessert.
- I really like Malcolm in the Middle, Modern Family and Big Bang Theory. They make me LOL!
- I’m more of a morning person and pretty much lose it after 9pm.
- One of my favorite things to do is wash my hands.
- I collect wicked witches. My collection comes out at Halloween and I loves it very much.
- I probably have a gluten allergy, but I deny it because admitting it would interfere with my baking!
- I can cook. I am not a willing participant, though. I think eating a meal is just a necessary formality in order to get to the good part – dessert!
Let’s make some really, really yummy desserts!!
Bakeitorium is where I share great recipes that you can easily re-create and I hope will want to share with your family and friends. My desire is that I am able to provide you with recipes that inspire you to take chances, try something new, and realize that if it doesn’t turn out perfect that isn’t bad when you end up eating the cake crumbs that stuck in the pan.
I have loved every minute of my Bakeitorium blogging journey so far and I am excited for all the recipes yet to come!
Subscribe via email on Bakeitorium’s Home Page to have recipes sent straight to your inbox – for FREE!
Questions or Comments?
If you have a question about a recipe, it’s easiest to leave a comment on that recipe post for me to respond to.
If you have other comments or just want to say “Hi”, feel free to shoot me a note at Laura@Bakeitorium.com. I would love to hear from you!!
The Fine Print…Gotta Have It
All recipes and photography were created by me for Bakeitorium, unless otherwise stated. Please don’t re-purpose my content without expressed permission. If you do share my work, please link to Bakeitorium and cite credit appropriately.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Bakeitorium will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
***NOTE*** Bakeitorium is NOT responsible for weight gain (real or virtual).